November 24, 2010

Friends feast/room redo finish getting closer

Yesterday we drove 2 1/2 hours to spend an *hour* with Cam.Then we drove the 2 1/2 hours back home. Don't get me wrong I love to visit and make those memories with the grands but I really hate riding in a car for more than an hour.
Cam's class had a program about thanksgiving. They made applesauce and pumpkin bars to share with us. We learned the pilgrums do not all wear black and white.That was for Sunday.They wore clothes that were dyed with things that gave red and brown colors too. There were only 4 women at the feast the rest had died. There were no Indian women they were not allowed at the feast.
The day was a beautiful. He is the one in a black shirt with no hat.Thanks Cam.We had a great time.










This past week I finally got the bottom of the new shelves painted. Things are looking better.
There are Fall decorations still there.As much as I want to put up Christmas things I will wait until after turkey day.
On to the curtains.
We will be celebrating on Sat.
I hope you all have a very happy thanksgiving.j

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Cam looks so proud! Love the photos and did not know those facts about the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving!

Wishing you a good day today! I hope that you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane