October 6, 2010

Painting the rooms




It has been a while since I posted to the blog.I have been painting the living room and computer room. We have lived in this beautiful old home for 39 years. I have always had the same basic soft yellow in the rooms.Well I have made a change.
I really like the cottage look. The browns,whites and black.
Here is a site that gives and over view and some good ideas for the look.
http://www.bhg.com/decorating/decorating-style/cottage/
They say---Country and city cottages tend toward neutrals and pastels. I go for the neutrals with a bit of color as in RED.
They suggest I add more white. Check ---Did that.
They suggest blending old and new. Check ---Did that Used to call that shabby sheik.
They suggest display on open shelves. Check--- That is the plan.I will have to wait on Mr. T for that element. the shelves will be above the ladder with the flags.
They suggest I bring the outdoors in. Check Did that.

Because of the recent trends to re purpose I fit right in. I have always had to re purpose not because I wanted to be in style but because of need.

I still love to redo rather than buy new. So much for today's blog. I really have to finish the painting. Stay tuned for more updates.
j

No comments: