February 13, 2012

Progress

Mr.T. made a bit more progress on the back porch(soon to be laundry room).

Ceiling is in,Fan and light is up. Cement pad 1/2 done today. Much more to do but we are not in a hurry. Mr. T does not have a hurry up button! But his work is the best!

I worked on the Feb. little quilt challenge. Broken dishes from Kathleen Tracy.

I feel I am getting better but then I look at the finished blocks and see I am still losing points at the edges. Should have sewn a scant 1/4 inch seam.
Oh well it is for me so no matter.



I should know to quit when it is late but i wanted to get it done.Can you see my mistake? So I took out the last row and redid it.Much better. By the end of the year I should have a little quilt with no mistakes. Ha!

The back and batting are now pinned on  ready to quilt it.
Have a great week. 36 days till spring!! j

4 comments:

kathy osterby said...

At least you found your mistake before you had it all together-I didn't mine has a pinwheel in it instead of broken dish!! You can see mine in the files . Kathy Osterby

Bonnie said...

This is a cute little quilt. If you'd like to have perfect half square triangles that make into perfect blocks... cut them bigger then needed and trim to the specific size you need. Then I decided you probably were having problems with sewing the rows and columns together. Yep, scant 1/4" seams are good. And, some folks like Aurofil thread because it is very thin and the thread doesn't take up as much of the seam allowance. I would use it for small quilts like this but I'm not sure I would use it for a larger quilt that would be used a lot as it is thinner. You might also like DMC thread -- it's more of an embroidery weight -- again thin. This is a really cute version of Kathy's quilt.

Colleen said...

Popped over from Kathy's group to visit. I adore your February quilt. I even have that outer border fabric in my stash (as well as a few of the others). Your blog is lovely and I think you are going to have one fantastic laundry room!

Our Country Bungalow said...

I like the little quilt block. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.
~cathy