April 5, 2011

New to me and Come to the Party.

When at my favorite 2nd hand store today I found this hand made doily in the shape of a carrot. Do you love it?? It matches nothing, I have no pink, but it is great for the Peter Rabbit planter.


Come to the party.
http://notesongs.blogspot.com/

We were invited  to share our favorite cupboard. I have more than one favorite so this is a long post.
We have lived in our home for 39 years. It has had make overs and many remodels. The last kitchen redo has made it my most favorite room. Taking out a wall and adding a breakfast bar allows me to visit when I am cooking and others are in the dining area. If you care to see I have redo pictures in my web shots albums.
http://community.webshots.com/user/nana5111
While looking at the blogs that are listed on Note songs--- It's time for the heart of the home party--- I saw some that listed a Welsh cupboard. I had no idea I had one of those! When we redid I married 2 pieces together and ended up with a cupboard that looks like a Welsh cupboard. So that is what I will call it. It is where I decorate for the season. I can now see it from my sink.
Over the years I have found wonderful old cupboards. I will share a few.There are 8 in the house. There was one more that now is in our daughters home.
As you come in the front door there is a corner cupboard that belonged to Mr. T's parents. I have had it for over 40 years. It holds the candles in its base. Makes the entry smell really nice.














In the living room is the oak post office cupboard.It is a very tall piece.It holds all my Manhattan depression glass. I bought it for $100 at an auction many years ago. It  fits this house really well. If I didn't say so before the house is over 110 years. 








The next cupboard I found in the local funeral home garage.It was painted and full of garage stuff.I stripped it and found birdseye maple.It is the first cupboard I bought. It is in the computer room. Holds my pin cushion collection and stores lots.
The last is the china cupboard I bought for $7.00.Again it holds lots of stuff from my tiny dolls to the Wexford dishes Mother bought me in 1964.
Be sure  visit all the others that are sharing their favorite cupboard on Shelia's page.
.j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! What wonderful cupboards you have and filled with such lovely things! Thank you so much for coming to my party!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Maggie Ann said...

What treasures! I've enjoyed my visit, thank you!