August 11, 2010

Alden Tea Party ---What fun



Today 3 little girls and their Grandma Marilyn came to tea.
We had little sandwiches with the crusts cut off, gold fish crackers, seasoned oyster crackers,cookies,candy,kool aid and French vanilla tea.
The tablecloth was yellow The place mats were dark blue. White/blue dishes and some blue willow cups and saucers. The flowers were fresh cut from the garden. Zinnias are my favorite summer flower.

I used to give parties like this when I had my shop. It was fun then and was fun again today.

Usually I have name tags made and we have dress up hats but this was a short notice. They came to see my doll room.They each picked a doll from the doll room to sit with them for tea. Heidi Ott dolls and American girl dolls were a hit.
The old fashioned marble game is always a hit with any kid. They played with it the longest.

After the tea they made cinnamon ornaments.Wouldn't you know I forgot to take pictures of them with messy hands.
I have been working on a bonnet will share in the next post.
j

No comments: