December 6, 2009

Jolly holiday lights

We were invited to ride along on a shopping lunch and viewing of the lights in Des moines.What a very good day we had.We ate at a wonderful restaurant called Hickory Park.The food is always the best.I had a garbage burger.Yum!! Burger with 2 kinds of cheese,ham, bacon,peppers and sauerkraut. Everyone was to full for dessert.

On to do some Christmas shopping.I got a new coat told----- Mr. T. he could wrap it up and put it under the tree.

We found several other gifts,so the list is much smaller with few to buy for.

The last was a drive through Water Works Park in Des Moines Ia.What a wonderful display of lights and soooooo many cars going through.Santa's house at the end was very busy with kids getting their picture taken with Santa.You can read here
http://iowa.wish.org/
about the worthy cause it supports.Thanks to all the sponsors. It was a fun place to visit well worth the hour dirve.The day was beautiful sun and no wind.It looks to be the last really nice day for a while.Cold and snow in the forecast.Ok with me I can stay in but Mr. T has to go out and work in it every day.

As I write this I have a pan of snack mix in the oven.This has got to be one of our favorites of all time.A friend gave me the recipe last year.It makes a big batch. I use a large roaster to bake it. I also substituted original keebler club crackers snack sticks for the pretzels and they are very good.


Snac
ken Good Snack Mix
6 cups bugles
5 cups nacho bu
gles
4 cup cheezits
1 small pkg fish crackers
3 cups mini pretzels

2 cups crispiz cereal
2 cups cashews or mixed nuts
3/4 cup popcorn oil
2 packages ranch dressing
I put all the dry ingredients in a large roaster , sprinkle on the dry dressing, drizzle the oil over the dry mix ,stir and cover it. bake at 250 degrees for 40-45 min. I stir ever 10 min.


Just a note.the first batch I made I baked on cookie sheets as that was on the recipe but I miss read the temp and burned the whole batch.So I tried again and using the covered roaster worked better for me.

No comments: