June 21, 2009

Fathers day



44 years ago our oldest son was born on father's day.That year Fathers day was June 20.Happy birthday Dan.
Happy Father's day Tom.Funny how what should be special days are not so special now with the kids all gone so far away.Back when they were home and when I was a child, breakfast in bed was a big thing for mom's and dad's on their special day. I remember sneaking down stairs to fix the bowl of cereal and toast(all I could do).Then going upstairs to our folks room.Of course they were still sleeping and very surprised at the attention(ya right I'm sure they were awake for an hour waiting for us to get things together.)As a kid we didn't have a lot of money to buy a present so making breakfast was our gift.My dad is gone now but the memories are there and special.

No comments: