February 11, 2009

challenge cloth doll


The vintage cloth doll makers yahoo group has a cloth doll challenge going on.
The pattern was made by cinders one of the groups members.It is a wonderful pattern.
Normally I do not make others patterns. This one is a real joy to do. She is made from vintage feed sack fabric and wool fabric for her
stockings.Tomorrow I will work on her clothes and gesso and base coat her head.
Challenges are something that the vintage cloth doll makers group does often and it is wonderful to see the talent in the group.

2 comments:

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

judy even just as a body, your doll is beautiful..In this picture have you gessoed her head? Reason why I ask is she looks like she has a breast plate.
How big is your doll.I have started two one is 12 in the other is 17 in
I come visit your awesome blog often,I feel I have visited with you, You mum plant is incredible!True blessing from Mother Nature!

Hardin County Keepsakes said...

she is gessoed,no breast plate just the way the light is on the old fabric.you can see on the right leg a rust spot and i had to stitch over a couple of holes i found after i had her stuffed.i'm glad to know someone is reading my blog LOL
judy