November 28, 2014

Making a Christmas tree for the sewing room.

Link to  http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/2014/12/tweak-it-tuesday-118.html

I love to decorate with trees. I needed a tree for my sewing room. Here are the steps I took to make a small tree for the room.I collected ribbons, ric-rac, a small tree, a vintage basket, buttons and miscellaneous sewing things. The ric rac and a couple of zippers I dipped in fabric stiffener, wrapped them around some saran wrap covered large cinnamon sticks I had on hand and let them dry, then cut to the length I wanted.



 I picked some buttons and thread a floral wire through the holes in the buttons and wrapped the wire with floral tape.
 By sitting the tree in the basket and arranging the branches around the basket handle it sits in the basket just right.The vintage tatting I bought at an antiques shop was perfect for the garland and the tape measure was just right for the bow on top.
 Wooden spools, embroidery hoops, and pin cushions finished it off. This is just one of the many MANY trees I have. Small and large. I love Christmas trees. j

No comments: