January 13, 2014

making a quilt

After Christmas and the new year I needed to sew.Something ---anything so I started sewing 5 inch sq's, from mother in law's stash, into pinwheels. I intended on making just a small quilt but it turned into a queen size. I used what I had. I did have to buy batting and am ready to put it together.I will tie this one.


                                                                        











I had a few of the side blocks left over so I made a doll quilt.Working out of my comfort zone.Don't do much with pink.

 The birds are loving the Christmas tree. It is fun to watch them. I have had a couple of sparrows with a lot of white feathers.I've not seen that before.They love to throw the seed out of the new big feeder onto the ground.
Have a great week j






No comments: