July 28, 2010

Free cel phones ! Why???

I got this e-mail today and as far as I can tell if you live in the right state and are on welfare you can get a FREE phone and FREE minutes.
WHY?
I pay for my phone.There is no place that says a phone is a necessity.IF there is a medical need one can have a phone that only dials 911.
The more I read news the more I think middle class America needs to wake up and vote in Nov. to change what is happening to our country.
There should be no free ride. Each should carry his or her own weight.
Enough said read for your self and then click on the link.j

Free Cell Phones !
This is true. Here in San Antonio the ads are incessant ! O has got to
GO ! I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and
at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number.  I asked the
former employee if this was a new cell phone number, and he told me yes,
this was his "Obama phone." I asked him what an "Obama phone" was, and he
went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive (1) a
FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every
month. I was a little skeptical, so I Googled it, and lo and behold, he was
telling the truth.  TAXPAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE
RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking, and
it's sinking fast. The age-old concepts of God, family, and hard work have
flown out the window, and are being replaced with "Hope and Change", "Change
we can believe in", and "Why should I work for it, when I can get it for
free?" You can click on the link below to read more about the "Obama Phone".just
have a barf bag ready.   https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/Home.aspx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Boy, Isnt that the truth!!!!! I can remember when i was a kid, we didnt have cell phones, and half the time, we didnt have a phone and had to walk to the store to use the pay phone. Geesh no wonder everyone is beatin' the door down to get in!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Eddi said...

To be honest I think it's a good thing-- it's hard to get a job without a phone number, let alone keep one, and besides 911 there are personal emergencies (like arranging for child care on snow days or sick days or making doctors appointments) where having a phone would have made life so much easier.

I wasn't on welfare, and when I needed to I toughed life out without a phone but that's one experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.