June 23, 2016

4h project and lap quilts

It is getting close to county fair time again. Justine is busy making a topsy turvy doll. Not an easy project. I made one so I could teach her. 20 hours at least to finish it. Doll is done and gessoed. next step dresses, bonnets and putting on the faces. Doing the hand stitching is NOT a favorite of Justine's. She had to take out several mistakes and do overs are not fun. She is wanting to do the face painting but lots more has to be done before we get to that step.




  I bought a charm pack and did the one in the bottom pictures I went back to the fabric shop and bought 1/2 yard of 2 coordinating fabrics for the inside borders,and used the star fabric I already had.       then had the left overs so I did the ones in the top 2 pictures.Those are just the inner blocks the reds and green and flowered fabric I already had.I have 18 pinwheel blocks done out of the 3rd charm pack I bought. Same as the 1st 2,I'll share when I get done.


 Good to be busy. Mr.T. is doing well. God is good.j


No comments: