November 22, 2013

Ribbon and fabric flowers/projects

It has been a busy time.Getting ready for a wedding in Dec. I am making the ribbon and fabric flowers. I have done a lot of weddings in my time as a florist but I have never actually made the flowers.I have used silk already made flowers. There was a beautiful bouquet made with handmade flowers and rhinestones that I shared with the bride.(DGD) She liked it so we are trying to duplicate.Well will get as close as we can. I am waiting for judgement on the type of flowers at thanksgiving when they will see them in person. I have done a few samples.
 
I have also been working on a few table toppers for Christmas gifts.The pattern is from a blog.These are fun and easy to make. I did one a day until I started on the flowers.






 We got our first real taste of winter .Freezing rain then snow. Ziva does not like the snow at all.All her favorite smells are gone.Runs all around the yard trying to find her spot.I had to push her down the steps.She love to watch out the east door in the sewing room.The birds and the neighborhood squirrel keep her entertained while I am busy. The weeks fly by and soon it will be 2014.Hard to believe. Hope you have a blessed week. j

No comments: