January 19, 2013

Little quilt

I was done with the big raggedy quilt and wanting a small quilt to bind.  I was going to make a mug rug but it grew..I started with a few squares from the scrap tote. That lead to 1 1/2 inch stripes.I just went with whatever I picked up. Here are the stripes on my tv chair by the sewing table.It all went very quickly.  I have a few more squares so will do a few mug rugs.




Added a piece of flannel and the backing. Because it was such an easy piece I thought I'd try my first free motion.
I took a class that showed how to stitch with feed dogs down and a special foot. That did not work for me. Not enough control. The stitches were not even.

This time I put on my walking foot and did a bigger loopy quilting.I liked it very much. It was relaxing to do. I like bigger stitches so they can be seen. I set my machine on 3.5 I used a multi colored thread top and bobbin.. The weather is supposed to get cold.I will be spending my time in the cozy sewing room.Fire in the stove watching NCIS marathon.have a great weekend j
link to
 http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2013/01/sns-171-link-up-your-charming.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20blogspot/KCcu%20%28Funky%20Junk%20Interiors%29

No comments: