July 29, 2012

Rag doll/quilts.

I have been busy sewing.
I made several table runners,mug rugs and pin cushions for a new shop that has opened in Iowa Falls. I forgot to take pictures. DANG I hate that. I can show you one thing.
I did remember to take a picture of the raggedy doll I made.
It has been a while since I made a doll.
 I treated my self to a new rug for the kitchen. Funny how something like that can boost your spirits.Not my normal style but it caught my eye and looks good.




 I got to visit the 2nd store again. My lucky day .I got 2 quilt tops and 35 blocks. Looks like feed sack fabric.Hand stitched.






There is a group that are making hexagons for a small quilt.I have started. One flower done. 5 to go.













We had a nice rain yesterday and last night. Too late for a lot of the field crops. Too late for my hosta gardens. They look worse than last year. I think it is time to down size the beds. Put them back to grass. The trees that shaded the hosta are gone. Leaves too much sun for the hosta. They were beautiful this spring.

 
 Looks like a busy week ahead. Mr.T. and his very good friend Larry are on the last side of the house.They are siding.It looks fantastic.Can't wait to share pictures.
It is a true friend that shows up everyday to help out. Thanks Larry and thanks to his wife for letting him be gone so much.
Have a great week.j

No comments: