March 3, 2012

New things make me smile

It is funny how a little something new can lift your spirits. New packages of seeds.
Changing out an old lamp shade for a new, buying a few new plants, and a new rug.Little things make me happy.

We did a bit of shopping the other day. I was in need of a new rug for the kitchen and was lucky to find one on sale. The lamp shade was found at goodwill. Yay for me, matches my valances perfect!
The plants were a spur of the moment.You know how it is.
The roses were so affordable who could pass them up? I plant them out side in the spring and have quite a collection of miniature roses that bloom all summer.
The fern was perfect for the bunny planter by the lamp. Treat yourself it feels good once in a while.j






1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I so agree, a few new treasures are all it takes to make such a difference and just lift your spirits totally. Love your new rub and the shade is perfect. I love the miniature roses also, and they are so fabulous to use outside. Great job on the shopping. You did good. Hugs, Marty