March 8, 2009

snow march 8th 2009/ very good cheesy califlower soup



Oh my the snow is back.Not a lot so far, really big flakes.You can see them against the tarp that is around the patio kitchen. Poor robins.I hope it is only 2 more times they get snow on their backs.


I was hungry for a good soup.I looked for a recipe on line I found 4.
So I took a bit from each and added a bit of my own.
1 bag of mini carrots, washed
1 head cauliflower cleaned,washed and broken in to florets
3 stalks celery cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 can water
1 can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple seasoned salt
1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple bacon bacon
onion flakes to taste
I cooked the cauliflower,carrots and celery in a large dutch oven until tender. Drain.
I used my kitchen scissors to cut all into small pieces after they were cooked.This can be done before cooking,with the raw vegetables but I was lazy and it worked well with the scissors.
add remaining ingredients cook over low heat. be careful it will scorch.
serve with dilly oyster crackers.


dilly oyster crackers
2 pkgs oyster crackers
place in lg.brown paper bag
sprinkle with one envelope dry ranch dressing
sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons dill weed
drizzle with 3/4 cup vegetable oil.shake sack well
leave in sack for a few hours.
store on covered container

No comments: