October 10, 2010

Bright Spots in My World



What a beautiful weekend. I took several pictures of a few bight spots in my world. Things and people.
I am loving this new camera!









It was a fun weekend. Our DD came for a visit with our youngest grand son.
We had a list of things to do.
1-- Catch the baby fish the raccoon missed. (with grandson)
2--Hand dip beeswax candles. (with grandson)
3--Bake a sour cream apple pie. New recipe DD brought(recipe to follow)

I am happy to say all things on the list got done.


We also tried out the new hot dog/marshmallow stick. It is long and keeps Cam away from the fire.



Mr.T and Cam getting ready to catch the remaining fish.
What a surprise. I was guessing there were maybe a dozen left in the few inches of water. WRONG we found 39, 2 inch fish. Here you see Cam gently held one for the picture.
They are now happy in the big tank in the greenhouse.

The candles were not as much fun after catching the fish. But fun enough to dip a dozen.

The pie was very good. DD did the mixing I only sliced apples. We think it needed 1 or 2 more large apples.

Sour cream apple pie
2 Tbs flour
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sliced apples(approx.3 large apples)
* mix flour,salt and sugar together. Add egg,sour cream and vanilla.Beat until smooth. Add sliced apples, stir well. Pour into pie shell.Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min.Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 min. longer. Cover crust with a crust cover or aluminum foil to prevent burning.

*Mix topping set aside
Topping
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6 Tbs. real butter
blend together



*Remove pie and add topping ingredients which have been blended together.
Return to oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 min.Enjoy

Have a great week. j

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I am so far behind in my visiting! I just wanted to say hello and wish you a happy day!

I love your photos!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane