November 14, 2010

Our special day Anniversary no. 46


Mr. T has never missed bringing me roses for our anniversary. Even through the years when I had a flower shop I got my roses. On the 40th ann. I got 40 yellow roses. That was a really big surprise.
This year it is 6 beautiful red roses.

A nice prime rib dinner and the movie RED with good friends. It was a great way to celebrate.

The movie was funny. A no brainer movie just good entertainment.
From the movie's review "Frank, Joe, Marvin and Victoria used to be the CIA's top agents, but the secrets they know just made them the Agency's top targets. Now framed for assassination, they must use all of their collective cunning, experience and teamwork to stay one step ahead of their deadly pursuers and stay alive. To stop the operation, the team embarks on an impossible, cross-country mission to break into the top-secret CIA headquarters, where they will uncover one of the biggest conspiracies and cover-ups in government history."

Our special day November 14, 1964.
It was that day I married my high school sweetheart. Don't we look young.Well we were. 18 and 19----- just kids.

Today is nothing like the day we married 46 years ago.
Today it is 32 degrees windy and cold.
46 years ago the day was perfect. The weather was perfect. Over 70 degrees the 14th day of November in 1964.

We could not afford a photographer. I am sharing the only pictures I have from that day.
I would say to anyone getting married,go less on something else but get good pictures.

The man I married has taken care of me, and I him, for 46 years.They have not always been wonderful years,there were some very hard times, but we were in it for the long haul.
There were times I was ready to give up on us but never did. I am glad of that.
Our God joined us. God gave us wonderful kids and grand kids.
We have been blessed with good family and friends through our years.
We have our health.
We are blessed and thankful every day.

I will be posting a couple of long blogs about the quilt retreat. Check back.
Have a great week.j

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello,

Congratulations on your 46 year anniversary! Roses every year for 46 years - lovely to read of a true love story. Wishing you many more years together!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane