September 21, 2010

Dolls and bears in South Dakota

We did have a really great trip.Here are more pictures of things I found interesting. I have to tell you I whined and complained a lot the day I took the bear country pictures. Yes I did!
My small nikon just would not do what I wanted it to. I missed so many good shots of the bears because it just did not have the ability for continuous shots. After all my complaining Mr.T. figured I needed a new camera. Bless him. We went looking for a best buy.

I love my new nikon colorpix. I took over 500 pictures with it and no I am not going to post them all here. But I am going to share some.







I am always on the look out for cloth dolls and I found a few on this trip.At the Crazy horse site there were hand made dolls on display.




I also found 2 dolls at the Clay County fair. i believe one to be from an Edith Flack Ackley pattern. The other has a mask face drawn with colored pencil.























In Hill City there is a shop that holds a guinness book of world records for the most stuffed cloth bears---- Largest collection of teddy bears
The largest collection of teddy bears belongs to Jackie Miley of Hill City, South Dakota, USA, with 5,029 different teddy bears, as of 1 May 2007, which she has been collecting since 2002.
She now has over 7000 bears in this shop.

I did not think to ask her if I could take a picture inside.



In Wall Drug they have life size dolls.Check this one out. Mr.T was a good sport.
I am not sure of the history of Wall drug.Why so many go there but we went just to say we did.
Mr.T found FUDGE so he was very happy.
I am looking a bit travel worn wouldn't you say?

The plaque tells who started it all.



Bear Country was wonderful.The day was perfect and the bears there were very busy.











I was very surprised at the number of bears that live in bear country.









Mr T. was such a good sport.
Well enough pictures for today. Have good day j

No comments: