April 10, 2019

It has been a very long winter. Not much sewing going on.The sunroom building process has taken 7 months due to late fall start and bad weather. The inside is done and it is really amazing.  The old screen porch was built maybe 25 years ago. DH and I tore down an old hog house and used the wood from that to build the frame. It sits on the south side of our house on the short end of the L shaped deck we built maybe 40 years ago. The new build is bigger with 4 large windows and a sliding door. The picture shows the south and east wall. Fireplace in the north east corner. I only have this picture to share tonight. I loved my old screen porch but the roof needed repair and once we got into it there was more to do than we thought. Because it had to be all torn off I decided to go with a vaulted ceiling to give an appearance of a bigger space. We also extended the west side 3 feet out into the long arm of the L shaped deck and 18 inches to the east. The room is now 10' by 18 feet. There will be a 5 1/2 ' deck running across the south side in front of the deck doors which will lead down to the patio. The weather has thrown off construction of the new decking.Rain for the next couple of days. At least it is not the snow they are getting up north.Funny weather for April. The rest of the covered deck will be screened in. It will be so nice to sit there and not fight the bugs. I will share more pictures of the whole build once I figure out this stupid-- i pad-- i phone, camera program. It was so easy with the picture program I had on my dell computer.
A few days ago I saw a picture of a crocheted bunny tea cosy. I do not crochet. I really like the bunny so decided to design one from fabric. I used an old pillow case I have had for years and years. It was made from feedsack fabric and hand done lace. She turned out cute. It will make a nice decoration for spring.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Oh, I love your sunroom is so beautiful! I'm a little bit jealous as our last two homes had sunrooms but our current one doesn't. The screened in area sounds so nice too!
I wanted to thank you so much for telling me to use the end of a paintbrush to paint on the eyes of dolls. I did it and it worked and the dolls has the prettiest eyes I've ever had on a doll! I've posted the doll I've made using your method for eyes and I've mentioned you on my blog! You're the best!

Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Judy, thank you so much for your visit. My heart goes out to you to try and celebrate without your husband. I can't imagine the heart break. Please know I'm saying a prayer for you right now. I pray you cherish, and I know you do, all of the sweet memories y'all have made through the years to bring you some joy. Blessings to you, sweetness.
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! I'm back to say howdy! Oh, you know your vintage dishes! Yes, that bowl is Fostoria and the pattern is Americana. I have quite a few pieces of that design as well as the Colonial pattern. My aunt passe her collection on to me when she passed away and I've added some here and there.
Thank you for your visits and Christmas is almost upon us.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy! Happy New Year! Oh, I hear you - Spring can't come too soon. It's not been that cold around here but I love the sunshine and I want to get busy in my little flower beds! :) Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)