May 10, 2010

Mothers Day weekend/a bit sad


I called my mom to see how her day went. She is 83 and still going strong.She is in the middle (standing flowered shirt) of some of my cousins and spouses.
She still gardens,mows her own yard and has more energy than I ever do.

I heard from 3 of our 4 children. Picture from the 70's.The kids laugh at the matching outfits.Polyester Yikes!!
.I was glad to hear from each of them but each is having problems because of this economy. It is not improving, for them , like the news media and our president want us to believe. We know better.

What a beautiful day we had for Mothers day. Sun and a bit warmer not really warm but ok by me.
Sat. we drove with friends to Ames for supper.

We did a bit of shopping.
I got a new set of silverware at JC Penny.Love sales!
Then we stopped at Best Buy.

Mr.T. has been after me to get a new laptop for traveling and yes he bought me a new laptop for mothers day. What a guy. He is good to me.

Now he has a new toy to play with(wink, wink). I don't do the installing and all the stuff that has to be done when one gets a new pc. I will leave that to him. He has called twice today to see how I like it and to tell the truth I have not even turned it on. I like my desk top just fine. Has everything I need on it.
The new one needs more of my things in it to make me comfortable using it.

Only problem the Ames Best Buy store was out of the model we wanted---- so we went to the Waterloo Best Buy on Sunday to pick up the pc.
That way we got the sale price. Did I tell you I love sales????

Our same friends went along and we made a day of it going to several stores looking for a doughnut pan and other things.
Who would think that a simple doughnut pan would be hard to find. I will be ordering it on line.
Even the kitchen stores did not have one.

Here is the recipe that started the pan hunt.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/PrintRecipe?RID=124&radio=1

BAKED DOUGHNUTS
1 cup Round Table Unbleached Pastry flour or 7/8 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

Directions

1) Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.

2) In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, oil and water (or buttermilk or yogurt) until foamy.

3) Pour the liquid ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.

4) Butter or grease the doughnut pan; non-stick pan spray works well here. Note: even though the pan is non-stick, since the doughnuts are low-fat they may stick unless you grease the pan first. Fill each doughnut form half full.

5) Bake the doughnuts in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. When done, they'll spring back when touched lightly, and will be quite brown on the top.

6) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, remove them from the pan, and allow them to cool on rack. Glaze with icing, or coat with cinnamon-sugar or any non-melting sugar.


Hope you all have a great week.

j

No comments: